||Welcomed to the ESSI pages!
News & Press
|The European Spallation Source Initiative’, henceforth to be called ESS-I, is an Association in which the users of neutron facilities, neutron facilities, and regional consortia interested in hosting a new facility collaborate to prepare the case and the planning for a next generation neutron spallation source in Europe.
Its offices are at the Institut Laue-Langevin - ILL in Grenoble.
The Objectives of ESS-I are:
• To gather all those interested in building at the earliest possible occasion a next generation top tier neutron source in Europe;
• To stimulate, coordinate where necessary and possibly engage in all activities that need to be carried out before a decision to recommence baseline engineering, construction planning and detailed site assessment can be taken.
• To act as the interlocutor to national governments and funding agencies, the EU and the ESF in matters regarding the initiative.
• To have one European counterpart to SNS and the JSNS as part of J-PARC.
The European Spallation Source Inititiative ESS-I has been established
• To act as an interlocutor to governments to discuss the planning for a next generation European neutron source
• To advance where necessary the scientific case for and the technological concept of the next generation neutron source.